Right now I feel like I am on wedding overload! Even though we still have nine months until the wedding, I start student teaching in a couple of weeks and I know that this year is going to be hectic as I finish my Masters. I have just been soooo worried that once school starts I am not going to have the time I need to complete all of the DIY things I have planned.
That being said, I have a whole list of ideas that I have recently discovered and need to be edited down. Not only am I not going to have time to do EVERYTHING, I also don’t want my wedding to become tacky with toooo many doilies (no matter how much I love all of the things you can do with them.) So I need some advice people! Which projects should make the cut and which ones should be left behind for another day?
1. Doily Drink Umbrellas from A Field Journal. These are soooo cute and I definitely want to make these for SOMETHING someday, but I’m not quite sure they go along with the English inspired high tea wedding we are going for.
2. Doily Garland from Project Wedding
3. Doily Lanterns and Pom Poms. I obviously can’t use ALL of these, but I’m having a hard time deciding which ones I like best/which ones go best with the wedding theme!
The tutorial for these can be found at the Ruffled blog.
This tutorial can be found at Elizabeth Anne Designs
This tutorial can be found here.
4. Doily Flower Wraps from Papermash. Not sure if I would make these for the bridesmaids to carry or whether I would just lay a few bouquets around the reception hall as decoration.
5. Doily Accented Programs
You can find this program along with all of its matching stationary from a real wedding posted on Oh So Beautiful Paper.
6. Doily Seating Chart. Remember my original doily idea for assigning table placements for the guests? (If not you can view that post here.) Well here are a few images of variations on the idea.
This inspiration came from The Knot.
This image was taken from a wedding featured on Green Wedding Shoes.
7. Doily Bunting. Remember the Love is Sweet banner I posted about a few days ago? (Check out the post here.) Here is some fresh inspiration for that idea.